The air is filled with the aroma of festivities and celebrations. With just a few weeks left for the holiday, I am now knee deep into all the fun, spirits, and cheerfulness the festival brings in. We start celebrating the holidays even before it arrives. With the school breaks coming up, I always ensure I am prepared to engage my daughters with some fun and crafty ideas. I always keep searching for various Christmas crafts that are pretty simple, but can keep the little ones glued for a long time.
My daughters share a good age difference of 6 years which actually makes my searching process a little tedious. I have to dig out DIY Christmas craft ideas that suits both their requirements. And, in the process, I had collected quite a good collection of various Christmas ornaments, crafts, and handmade gifts that all the little angels could try.
Don’t be impatient. Let’s get started right away!
Cute And Simple Christmas Craft And Ornament Ideas For Children
- Sprinkle Filled Christmas Ornaments
Check out this one at littlegrayfox and its so gorgeous that your kid is bound to get addicted to it!
- Toilet Paper Roll Olaf the Snowman
What could be a better way to effectively use your empty toilet paper rolls? These cute snowmen are fun-filled experiments. This one from allfreekidscraft is a great one!
- Fusible Bead Christmas Ornaments And Stars
You can now use your fusible beads in a creative way. Just hand them over to your children and read out the instructions from here. They will give you some fabulous stars you could use to decorate your Christmas Tree!
- Handprint Santa Ornament
Use a dough kit and involve your kids to create these personalized ornaments for your tree. Check out this tutorial.
- Paper Plate Laced Christmas Tree
Your kids too can now put together a beautiful Christmas tree to adorn their little den. Catch up with the instructions for making this one using the paper plates at iheartcraftythings.com
- DIY Button Christmas Tree For Kids
Kids love when it comes to playing around with buttons. Just keep a watch to avoid mishaps. You can check out the instructions here. Source
- Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer With Paper Plates
If your are on a budget, but yet want to include the Christmas Reindeer in your festivities, then your kid could help you out. This paper Rudolph looks pretty handsome, doesn’t he? Source
- Cardboard Cookies Christmas Crafts For Kids
These sure are inedible, but kids would love to cut the cardboard into those shapes they would love to see on their cookies. Source
- Popsicle Stick Christmas Stars
So simple, right? Source
- Santa Hat Homemade Christmas Ornament Using Craft Sticks
This simple, yet beautiful Christmas ornament, from buggyandbuddy, is something your kid could try. By the way, there is no age limit for experimenting! So it could be your activity too!
- DIY Cupcake Ornaments For Christmas
My daughters adore this one. I am sure your kids will too. Source
- Christmas Reindeer Pot
I came across this cute idea on sheknows when I was searching for some instant craft ideas for kids. And you know what, it is very easy!
- Candy Cane Mouse Christmas Craft
These mice look so cute! They could easily engage your kids while you bake the cookies for the celebrations. Source
- Felt Flower Christmas Wreath
Use this string-based wreath as a part of your outdoor decorations, but do give away the credits to your kids. Tutorial
- Crepe Paper Stocking For Christmas
Santa’s stockings can be made at home without much efforts. Try this one! Source
- Candy Cane And Holly Ornaments
These are lovely ornaments to adorn your home this festive season. Read the tutorial and instruct your kids. Tutorial
- Paper Plate Angels
These eye-catching angels from huppiemama.com look so beautiful and peaceful!
- Christmas Tree In A Jar
Are your running short of time? Why don’t you ask your little ones to create an instant Christmas tree as shown in beafunmum.com.
- Cinnamon Salt Dough Leaf Ornaments
The aroma of cinnamon adds more fun and frolic the festivities. Any doubts? Check out here… Source
- Salt Dough Handprint Christmas Tree
This makes a cute, handmade gift for the grandparents! Source
- Clay Santa Christmas Ornaments
Use white clay as the base and then color the model for an enriched look. Source
- Cinnamon Scented Christmas Ornaments For Kids
This looks quite similar to the leaf ornaments that I mentioned above, but is pretty simple. My elder ones loves making these ornaments. She even wraps them and gifts them! Source
- Bottle Cap Snowman Ornaments
Turn the caps of your wine and other bottles into ornaments to add elegance to your indoor Christmas decorations. Source
24. DIY Melted Crayon Ornaments For Christmas
This one is so interesting that your child is bound to remain glued for hours. Source
- 20 Minute Crafter-Reindeer Thumbprint Ornaments
As the tutorial mentions, you just need 20 minutes. So are you ready? Source
- Cinnamon Stick Christmas Tree Ornaments
These ornaments are quite simple and easy to make. Source
- DIY Beaded Christmas Decorations
Cute, colorful, and simple! Source
- Yogurt Cup Rudolph The Reindeer
- Easy DIY Sewing Card Ornaments
- Cinnamon Stick Stars For Christmas Tree
- DIY Plastic Globe Ornaments
- DIY Kid’s Fingerprint Ornament
Source Just make sure that you wash their hands as soon as you get their thumbprints for the lights!
- Simple Chalkboard Ornaments
They can be made well within your budget! Source
- Baking Soda Christmas Ornaments
- Scrabble Letters Ornaments
This craft idea can double as a gift item too. Check out and you know that I am being true. Source
- Petite Gumball Machines
- Clothespin Reindeer Ornaments
- DIY Pearl Wreath For Kids
- DIY Cutest Ever Lolly Ornaments
- Colorful Alphabet Ornaments
Engage your kids with these simple and easy, yet interesting and fun-filled Christmas ornaments and craft ideas as you go ahead with your preparations!